Health System is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join our innovative, dynamic, rapidly growing Supportive and Palliative Care Program with planned expansion in the outpatient setting.
- Full-time or part time, flexible position; Mon-Fri and 1 weekend a month (when weekend is worked you will get time off on other days)
- Opportunity to participate in hospice call
- Opportunity to participate in the development of outpatient and community palliative care program development
- Leadership development opportunities are available if interested
- Opportunity exists to rotate through inpatient as well as outpatient palliative care medicine.
- Close collaboration and support within the newly created section of Hospice and Palliative Care which includes 8 physicians (two fellowship trained Palliative physicians), 3 Nurse Practitioners, 4 Bereavement Coordinators, and 9 Social Workers (1 certified palliative).
- Certified as HIMSS EMRAM (Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model) Level 7 for both our Inpatient and Ambulatory facilities
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
BC/BE in Palliative Medicine, Fellowship preferred. Significant experience in palliative medicine, oncology, hospice or geriatrics strongly considered. Open to consideration of dual appointments (for example, hospitalist, primary care) LOCATION
- Located on beautiful Lake Superior near the famous Boundary Water s Canoe Area, world-class mountain biking, lakes, forests and endless outdoor actives, creating the setting for an exceptional quality of life.
- Duluth population: 86,000; Regional servi