Health System is currently seeking a BC/BE Urologist to join its well established practice. We have added a lot of new specialists to our health care system and have expanded our service offerings to reach more residents in East MS and West AL. We are installing EPIC with a projected full implementation date of March 2021. New Physician would take over the practice of a well established Urologist who will be retiring soon. We have two da Vinci Robots so robotic experience is a plus.
We are an integrated health system consisting of a 215-bed hospital; a 49 bed LTAC hospital; 5 critical access hospitals, and over 30 clinics located throughout the area.
Details of the Urology Position:
- Ability to step into an already existing high volume practice with a large 8 county referral network of Clinics and hospitals.
- Patient service area of over 350,000.
- Competitive Compensation package. (2 year base guarantee plus wRVU production model)
- Enticing Recruitment Package consisting of Sign-on, Loan Repayment and/or stipend during residency up to 100K.
- New Physician would be joining a group of 2 Urologists and taking over the practice of one that is retiring after 40+ years.
- Urology Clinic is located in a multi-specialty clinic building which is adjacent to a 215-bed hospital with two da Vinci robots (XI and SI)
- New procedures recently added including Navigated Prostate Biopsy (Invivo), Blue Light for identification and treatment of Bladder Cancer; Urolift for BPH; and Botox for overactive bladder.
- Director of Surgery has 20+ years of Urology experience
- Dedicated Robotic Surgical team with a RN/FA that has 30 plus years experience
- 1:4 City wide call
- Block time available for surgeons
- Adult Hospitalist program has been here for 20 years
- All new or upgraded equipment including cysto table, laser, scopes, camera and video system.
- Implementation of EPIC has begun, with go live date of Spring 2021.
- New young administration that directly supports our physicians.
- Rapidly growing system with the addition of over 20 new physicians in the last two years.
- Teaching opportunities for local family medicine residency program.
A mid-sized town with a population of 45 to 50,000. Commonly referred as the Transportation Center of the South, Meridian is very centrally located with rapid access to major cities including New Orleans, LA (3 hours); Jackson, MS (1.5 hours); Birmingham, AL (2.5 hours); Atlanta, GA (4 hours); and the beaches of Gulf Shores, AL (3.5 hours).
It is a very family Oriented community with a low cost of Living, low crime rate and excellent s