Press Operator - nights
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Brainerd, MN
Sheridan MN, a CJK Group company, (formerly Bang Printing) started out in central Minnesota's lake area in 1899 as a commercial printer has evolved into one of the nation's leading short- to mid-run book manufacturers is looking for a Web Press Operator. Today, Sheridan MN offers a complete book solution that encompasses printing and binding, fulfillment, eBook conversion, eCommerce solutions, and more-all in-house, all at competitive prices.
Perform offset printing functions on assigned press within predetermined time frames as established in bid estimates. Ensure work produced exceeds quality guidelines and production specifications. Ensure equipment is operating through shift change and lunch breaks. Ensure production times meet or exceed estimated standards on the job ticket. Control production to ensure jobs are shipped within predetermined time frames.
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications kills
- Able to read and understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, job tickets, and procedure manuals
- Able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form
- Able to regularly stand and frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Understand basic math
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Two + years in trade on similar equipment, graphic arts and/or technical school background
- Prior continuous work experience
- Prior experience using pallet jack, computer, hand tools and small machines
- Ability to lift 45 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand/work 12 hours with overtime hours as needed
Schedule is rotating days or nights - 36 hours/week
- Night shift: 7 PM- 7 AM rotating days schedule
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week and on Sundays
- Shift premium: Night shift $1.00/hour
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 218-829-2877 or .