Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, MSTS, is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and Stoller Newport News Nuclear, Inc. (SN3). With more than 2,500 employees, MSTS manages operations at the Nevada National Security Site and at its related facilities and laboratories for the National Nuclear Security Administration's Nevada Field Office, an agency within the Department of Energy. NNSA maintains and enhances the safety, security, reliability, and performance of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile without nuclear testing and works to reduce global danger from weapons of mass destruction.
We offer highly competitive salaries and great benefits, including 96 hours of holiday pay, tuition assistance and reimbursement, a pension plan & 401K, paid time off and more. (Casual employees are only eligible for 401K)
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.
We are looking for a highly motivated circuit board designer in our MSTS Los Alamos Office located in Los Alamos, NM, a small town in the Southern Rockies.Key Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops printed circuit boards.
- Generates documentation using electronic computer-aided design tools for schematic, assembly, and fabrication drawings.
- Designs/drafts layouts for standard two-layer and dense high-speed multi-layer boards. Each design may vary in size and complexity depending on the project requirement.
- Working closely with engineers to identify and resolve electrical and mechanical design issues.
- Generate and check all assembly drawings, parts lists, and output files for the complete fabrication of PCBs including Gerber files, IPC netlist, drill files, etc.
- PCB designer must be able to verify that PCBs will work under design conditions.
- Maintains and defined library parts symbols and footprints per electrical engineering guidelines.
- Generates ECOs and all supporting documentation for board release.
- Reports status of work as required to project and line managers.
- Work as a member of a small team supporting engineers, scientists, and technicians building, testing, and fielding complex diagnostic systems.
- Utilize skills in electronics and mechanical engineering technologies to support design, assembly, troubleshooting and fielding of diagnostic systems.
- Utilize working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation such as digitizing storage oscilloscopes, delay generators, digital multi-meters, high-bandwidth links, metrology instrumentation, and other test and measurement equipment to test, characterize, and field custom designed diagnostic systems.
- Utilize basic and powered hand tools for instrumentation chassis assembly and construction.
- Utilize soldering and industry workmanship standards in electronic and mechanical assembly and documentation tasks.
- Work with and mentor under the supervision of senior engineers, scientists, and technicians as part of a small development team.
- Associate degree in field related to the position plus at least 13 years progressive related experience or High School diploma plus 15 years progressive related experience.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal or no supervision.
- Must have strong time-management skills, be well organized, and have safe work habits.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are highly desired.
- Through knowledge of Interconnecting Packaging Electronic Circuit (IPC) standards for PCB design and for library parts, and for manufacturing. All designs and documentation must meet industry and company engineering and design configuration management standards before a design is sent to the manufacturing facility where the PCB will be fabricated.
- Must be able to edit and revise board layout, component placement, routing, power and ground planes, board outlines and constraints as needed to meet product specifications.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work closely with professionals having knowledge and skills in numerous technology areas.
- Experience with electronic schematic capture and layout software required.
- The primary work location will be at the Los Alamos Operations located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10s, Monday Thursday (subject to change).
- Must be willing and able to travel as required by the job.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
MSTS is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, Personnel Security. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.Department of Energy Q Clearance
(position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites, will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, required to participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.