Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital
. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay while being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.Job Overview:
Maintains sterile field and instrumentation for all surgical procedures. Prepares the operating room and supplies for each surgical case in a neat and efficient manner. The Surgical Technologist (ST) will communicate with all other members of the Perioperative team to give the highest standard of care according to AORN standards for patients in the intraoperative period. The ST works collaboratively with co-workers, stocks and orders of supplies for department. The ST provides additional supportive patient care as directed by others.
The Surgical Technologist will be an active member of the entire department, with the ability to help in roles outside of surgically specific job duties if needed. The ST will work collaboratively with others within the department to ensure an efficient, professional and respectful environment. The ST will work with other departments as well, in regards to patient safety and communication.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans care accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care so that problems are resolved.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Always follows all surgical procedures to assure adherence to AORN guidelines for sterile processes and proper instrument preparation and decontamination.
- Efficiently adapts to new products and procedures and immediately educates co-workers on the use of new equipment.
- Locates, operates and maintains equipment per procedures.
- For each case scheduled, arranges and sets up unsterile as well as sterile equipment in adherence to AORN guidelines and per physician's preference card.
- Provides a safe, clean and well-stocked department (daily).
- Assists with any specialty case by maintaining stock and ordering specialty items as indicated.
- Daily, well in advance of need, communicates with Director or charge nurse for any supply, repair and or equipment need.
- Properly cleans, decontaminates and disposes of all used, contaminated equipment per policy.
- Delivers equipment safely and in an organized fashion to Sterile Processing for decontamination and sterile processing.
- Monitors all sterile qualities and indicators for instrumentation and equipment used while maintaining all sterility logs for steam, Sterad and Steris processing.
- The ST will be responsible for working on Policies and Procedures, Preference Cards and other needed projects as assigned by the Director or Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged in cases.
- The ST will responsibly document charges in both the EMR, as well as, when Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through Pyxis.
- The ST will show competency with all equipment, systems or procedures that are performed within the Perioperative Services Department.
- Assistance with any needed functions within the department. This includes, but is not limited to: Housekeeping Functions, Assisting in Sterile Processing/Instrument Cleaning, Materials Management and Room Stocking, and Floating to other Departments within Perioperative Services or the Hospital if needed. These roles will be assigned by the Charge Nurse or Director as needed.
- The ST will be dressed in AVH Scrubs at the assigned start of the shift, ready to perform their job duties.
- The ST will communicate clearly with the Charge Nurse, Director and other staff in regards to plans for procedures, patient flow and personal needs.
Benefits & Compensation:
- 2 years recent O.R. experience preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist License is required (DORA)
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgical Technologist Certification(s) preferred (NCCT, TS-C or NBSTSA, CST)
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Pay range for new hires: $33.22 - $42.17 /hr
PRN Benefits: As an employee you will be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B, and also participate in a number of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts or computer software