As Producer III, you will be responsible for driving product leadership and guidance for external product partners. You will do this by managing production process to support their vision. This includes facilitating partner onboarding and collaboration/ideation, as well as tracking all internal/external product communication and product deliverables/milestones to effectively coordinate product/content approvals for the games based on upcoming and existing TWDC franchise during development and in live service.
You will be responsible for specific titles, while managing producers within the same team. The day to day production work entails providing clear feedback on game proposals, project schedules and content roadmaps, driving review/approvals on game design, art and story with various internal groups including franchise partners, and reporting the project status to production leadership team.
In this role, you'll be expected to function as a leader who can draw upon a background as both game maker and gamer to articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to both external partners and internal stakeholders in order to address opportunities and challenges in the process to lead the product to successful execution.
This position will report to Executive Producer.
- Drive products within TWDC and being the key day to day contact for these projects. Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with internal and external cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Manage the internal production and approval process for TWDC licensed games. This includes partner onboarding, deep dives into brands, and tracking and communicating all deliverables through the Disney approval processes.
- Work closely with the senior Production staff to contribute to the design and refinement of the internal production review and approval process for TWDC licensed games.
- Collaborate with key product partners on setting the TWDC internal creative and product goals and is accountable for meeting quality goals, including periodic self-review of gameplay builds for assigned titles.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to ensure effective synergy, distribution, and promotion.
- Work closely with the senior Production staff in contributing to strategic planning for future products.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.
Brand & Franchise Management
- Ensure that external game teams have the necessary support from TWDC (such as access to reference materials, story overviews, digital assets (when available)) to deliver high quality products that delivered on our financial target goals, while maintaining brand integrity.
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise's characters and worlds.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a diverse and capable team of production staff.
- Create a workplace environment that encourages collaboration and innovative/creative thinking.
- Provide strong leadership, inspire and motivate the team through personal example and enthusiasm.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 7-12 years of experience specifically in product development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other entertainment.
- 2 or more years of experience managing teams.
- Has shipped multiple mobile, console, and/or PC games with live operations components.
- A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Excellence in managing relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day to day product issues.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies.
- Experience interfacing with partners/developers, understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and common challenges in producing high-quality interactive products.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills and comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization with an emphasis on building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA and experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum, Kanban, and other production methodologies.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile, Console, and PC)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in Glendale, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at .