Radar is the leading geofencing platform, powering use cases like curbside pickup, delivery, and location-aware app experiences for brands like Panera Bread, American Eagle Outfitters, T-Mobile, and Afterpay.
We recently raised a $55M Series C led by Insight Partners and Accel to build location infrastructure for every product and service.
Our team is growing quickly and has backgrounds from companies like Google Maps, GitHub, Foursquare, and Facebook. We are remote-friendly and based in NYC.
About the role
We're looking for a Product Engineer to build our customer-facing infrastructure. Since our features touch all parts of the stack, we're looking for a "multi-stack engineer" to work on the frontend, backend, iOS/Android SDKs, and data engineering. Keep in mind, you don't need to be an expert in all of these but it definitely helps to have a deep understanding in at least 1-2 areas.
This mode of work would be ideal for an engineer that's interested in acquiring new skills. We find it to be more efficient and interesting than being siloed in 1-2 stacks. We also have a collaborative engineering culture that allows you to learn new and complex things from your team and vice versa. You'll face exciting data and scaling challenges, working in a very small team with lots of autonomy and impact.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
What you'll do:
- Work on the Radar application built with TypeScript, ES6, Node.js, Next.js, MongoDB, Redis, S3, Redshift, Athena, Spark, Scala, Kotlin, Swift, and Objective-C
- Learn new layers of the stack you're less familiar with
- Build customer-facing features across multiple layers of the application
- Continuously searching for solutions that have 80% of the impact, but 20% of the cost
You should have:
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Deep understanding in 1-2 of the following areas: frontend, backend, iOS/Android SDKs, data engineering
- Your own unique talents - we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You'll work with:
- Nick Patrick, CEO
- Tim Julien, CTO
- Craig Kochis, Engineering Manager
- Matthew Isabel, VP of Product
- Beryl Wang, Product Designer
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Remote friendly
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Free CitiBike membership (if based in tri-state area)
- Monthly fitness reimbursement and wellness programs via Classpass and Gympass
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.