Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? Thats the power of data in motion in actiongiving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, were building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
Were looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluents enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we growwhether youre just starting out in your career or managing a large team, youll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
Were looking for a motivated and experienced Product Marketing Manager who has experience with software development and/or data architecture. This person will help drive top-of-funnel adoption and awareness of Confluent among technical audiences such as developers, architects, and technical executives.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Confluent, you will be responsible for owning the messaging, positioning, and overall go-to-market strategy of Confluent in close partnership with SEO, Digital Growth, and Product Marketing. Youll also work closely with colleagues from Developer Relations, Lifecycle, and other teams across the company to execute a seamless content strategy that caters to every step of the user journey. What You Will Do:
What You Will Bring:
- Define and evolve the messaging and positioning of Confluent and how it contributes to Confluents data platform story
- Create, maintain and support compelling website content and examples that showcase the value of Confluent
- Build and execute on a clear product and go-to-market strategy to increase brand awareness with new and existing customers through organic, top-of-funnel growth in partnership with digital growth, SEO, and product marketing teams
- Work with SEO and content strategy teams to determine technical content plans across solutions, use cases, and competitive comparisons geared towards a technical audience
- Author blogs, whitepapers, and reference architectures on Confluent solutions, use cases, and features, as well as Apache Kafka and data analytics more broadly
- Engage with technical practitioners and contributors looking to learn more about Confluent and Apache Kafka or to evaluate streaming alternatives across online third-party platforms
- Evangelize real-time data solutions to the most common and high-impact use cases that our customers are facing in online guides, reference materials, use cases, and examples
- Identify any product gaps inhibiting GTM success for Confluent and work with Product Management to prioritize developer needs into the roadmap
What Gives You An Edge:
- Have 3+ years of product marketing experience supporting B2B SaaS products for technical users
- Have strong product marketing skills that translate to clear copywriting, product evangelism, competitive positioning, and messaging
- Thrive in cross-functional environments and can effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and teams
- Have a data-informed mindset and are driven to set measurable goals for every project you take on
- Are incredibly organized and efficientyou take on complex projects and own them from start to finish
- Approach all projects with a developer-first mindset
Come As You Are
- If you have experience with Apache Kafka, data architecture, cloud services, or distributed systems
- Content marketing/SEO knowledge is a bonus
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice () , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.