At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We value our associates and offer opportunity to be promoted within the organization.
Join our team and qualify for a free annual eye exam and pair of glasses!
SHIFT HOURS :
SUN, MON, TUES (some Saturdays) 4PM - 4:30AM
WED, THUR, FRI (some Saturdays) 4PM - 4:30AM
$17.90 - $18.80/HR DOE + BONUS ELIGIBILITY
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Read Invoices to see if a lens needs A/R and where the tray needs to be sent after AR
- Visually pre-inspect lenses and load them into sectors and placing sectors into machines
- Place proper chemicals into right pocket after each side of the process
- Carefully lift sectors out of machines
- Download lenses back into trays, carefully looking at the paperwork to match numbers
- Clean lenses with lens cleaner and cloth removing all polish and progressive mains and dry lens
- Visually inspect lenses to ensure ANSI standards are met
- Separate jobs between departments (Bench, Lab Support, etc.)
- Operates AR Coating Machine
- Train new associates according to direction from AR Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
- No specific education level required.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Requires at least 1 year of experience
- The work is covered by definite, simple instructions. Only a minor amount of independent action is necessary.
- Accuracy is required
- A fairly diversified job requiring intermittent sustained mental effort and some organization, and planning.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires continuous walking, standing and moving about or continuous sitting depending on the production station.
- Continuous movement and twisting of wrist.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting 0-10 lbs.
- Frequent bending and twisting of the neck and occasional bending at the waist.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, which includes grasping and fine manipulation.
- Gloves must be worn during work periods.
- Protective eyewear must be worn in all manufacturing and stockroom areas.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website to learn more.
- PTO Starts After 90 Days
- Company Holiday Days off with Pay
- Full Benefit package
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Head Phones Allowed
- $500 Referral Bonus Offered
- Eligible for BONUS paid bi-weekly
- No License or Certificates Needed
- Break room comes with full size refrigerators, microwaves, meals, drinks, snacks able to purchase.
National Vision is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.