Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Second Shift Supervisor to lead and guide personnel to meet quality of product manufactured and customer service standard. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
Schedule: 2nd Shift; Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM schedule.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To effectively maintain an efficient, quality production by supervising personnel in both assembly and fabrication areas. Ensure product is assembled, packaged and transferred to shipping in a timely manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assigns and monitors work of assigned personnel, implements new procedures/systems, implements productivity standards, and maintains reference manuals.
- Resolves operations problems, facilitates or performs maintenance to ensure that machines are able to run and meet production standards.
- Maximizes efficiencies by making sure that all employees are trained and able to performed their assigned work.
- Maintains Quality and customer service by enforcing standards and involvement and support of Kaizen activities.
- Enforces quality of product manufactured and the customer service standard.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel and Director of Manufacturing.
- Reviews work order due dates to prioritize, establish staff assignments and verify appropriate staffing levels to ensure that production schedules are completed on time.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Maintains housekeeping and cleanliness by utilizing 5S procedures.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of related job experience.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write clear procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions with several abstract and concrete variables in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment's 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of:
35-40 non exempt employees
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.