Gunlocke, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Production Team Leader to join our team in Wayland, NY!
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of members.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, directs efforts and provides technical guidance on more complex issues.
- Solves problems through investigating and identifying root causes to production activities in order to prevent reoccurrence and facilitates root cause resolution.
- Coordinates materials within and between departments to ensure continued and steady pace of product flow.
- Reviews and interprets production schedules to proper sequencing of products and recommends revisions/adjustments.
- Accountable for maintaining performance metrics including complete and on time (COT), productivity, quality and safety.
What it takes:
- High School diploma, Associate's degree preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal/written skills.
- Ability to multi-task and function well under pressure deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret shop paperwork, including production logs, simple drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, including addition and subtraction of decimals and fractions.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft office and manufacturing systems.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work up to 10-hour days as the schedule dictates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World , by Fortune magazine as The Most Admired Company in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world's best companies for leadership development.
The Gunlocke heritage has deep roots in Wayland, our New York community. Our brand is also our personality and our culture, the people who make up Gunlocke. There is an attitude at Gunlocke that has become known as the Gunlocke way. It's shorthand for our commitment to being relentless in delivering furniture that is rich in character and supported by exceptional service to our customers. From every person in our manufacturing plants and processes to everyone in our offices around the country, you can count on getting our very best products and our very best service. Always.
We invite you to visit us at for the best visual overview of our organization.