Program Manager | Workforce Development
1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA Req
Monday, September 19, 2022
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Job Title Program Manager, Workforce Development
Department Workforce Development
Reports To Director or Program Manager, Workforce Development
Positions Supervised Career Consultants, Career Facilitator
Pay Grade A-15
Employment Class Regular Salary Exempt
EEO Class 1.2-First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Authorized Driver Yes
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Oversees program model and service delivery for Achieve More and Prosper for out of school youth ages 16 to 24.
Essential Job Functions
- Recruiting and Onboarding: Identify and select appropriate participants, engage and support participants entering into the programming
- Planning and Design: Plan services and design programs to meet program goals while adhering to legislative, regulatory, and fiscal constraints. Maintain current knowledge about programs and services provided in the community, and build these into a comprehensive, system-wide plan.
- Identification and Development of Resources: maximize the effective use of existing resources, and identify, develop, and use new resources.
- Performance Management: define the outcome reports needed for various programs, interpret performance reports, use data to craft specialized performance reports, and use performance information to improve program effectiveness and performance.
- Communication: Operate effective communication systems that keep personnel informed and motivated.
- Continuous Improvement: implement quality and continuous improvement processes that result in enhanced services to individual and business customers. Involve staff in problem solving and work teams.
- Presentation Skills: conduct research and develop and deliver effective presentations to single individuals or large groups, to market ideas, programs, or services, and motivate staff, partners, and clients.
- Provide leadership and supervision, make recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees, conduct performance appraisals, and provide regular feedback and guidance. Maintain complete documentation on personnel actions.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Facilitate communication between team members and other Goodwill departments to promote quality services, provide consistent expectations, and ensure proper training for employees.
- Identify performance or workflow challenges and work with the manager and other coordinators to resolve.
- Participate in marketing efforts and provide ongoing contact with referring agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience - An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Four-year college degree in business, social work, human resources, or related field preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Experience in creative, innovative program design
- Requires certification in CPR and First Aid
- Must have valid OH driver's license and personal car insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment - Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise levels.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work, such as typing, speaking on the phone, and using a computer to enter data. Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- Be able to travel, as needed.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
Issued: ________________ Approved: ____________________________
Annual Review: ______________ Approved: ____________________________
I understand that:
This job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed. The contents of this job description are job requirements and at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without reasonable accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
I have read and understand this job description.
Employee: ____________________________ Date: ______________
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our Full time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
- Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at