*Child, Adolescent and Family Clinic*
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8a-5p
37.5-hour weeks. (No late evenings or weekend work required)
With our Agency's mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
You will be under the supervision of the Nurse Manager III. You will provide direct patient care and assist in planning, coordinating, assigning and evaluating nursing care in a designated area/lodge.
Psych Registered Nurse Minimum and Additional Requirement's:
State Requirement: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and related nursing experience. Must be licensed by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing (LLR).
Psych Registered Nurse Agency Requirement's A bachelor's degree in nursing, and one (1) year experience; or a three (3) year diploma in nursing one (1) year of experience; or an associate degree in nursing and one (1) year clinical experience in psychiatric nursing, geriatric nursing or medical-surgical nursing, as appropriate to the mission of the employing facility. Must be licensed by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing (LLR).
Psychiatric Nurse Responsibilities:
- Gauging patients' psychiatric states.
- Collaborating on psychiatric intervention plans.
- Administering psychotropic and similar medications.
- Monitoring adherence to non-medicinal treatment regimens.
- Removing potentially harmful and triggering environmental features.
- Restraining, consoling, and sometimes medicating highly unsettled patients.
- Recording patients' health journeys and reporting on notable alterations.
- Conducting targeted psychoeducation, particularly within families.
Psychiatric Nurse Requirements:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing, where the latter is preferred.
- Pertinent state licensure.
- PMHNP-BC is preferred.
- Receipt of BLS training.
- Familiarity with cultural perceptions about psychiatric difficulties.
- Well-honed triaging, diagnostic, and clinical judgment capacities.
- Superb interpersonal and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilience, immense empathy, and resolution.
Additional information:Salary: 45Frequency: Per hourEmployment type: Full-time