Apply for this job now
QA Engineer II/III
- Bath, Maine
- Job Type
- 30 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
Provide Quality Assurance, Material, and Supplier Surveillance in support to all new construction and - Planning Yard programs. Develop and implement program quality plans and procedures, driving First Time Quality. Ensure that performance and products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Review, analyze, and report on quality discrepancies and data related to production and operations. Investigate problems, lead or conduct Root Cause Corrective Action activities and develop preventive actions for recurring discrepancies. Interface with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met. Recommend corrective actions, dispositions, process optimization, and modifications.- Drive risk identification and mitigation activities through the use of standard work tools. - Provide Quality Assurance-based support to Manufacturing functions to identify causes of re-work and implement corrections to eliminate re-work or unplanned labor.- Review Qualitys quantitative and qualitative data, identify trends, patterns, anomalies and make recommendations regarding critical-to-quality indicators related to changes in various levels in the manufacturing process.- Work closely with Manufacturing Leadership to identify causes of quality issues and determine potential corrective actions. Identify areas of improvement and recommend / drive opportunities to improve the Cost of Quality for BIW- Development and review / auditing of Departmental Operating Instructions (DOIs) and accomplishing process audits in accordance with Company goals.- Accomplish source inspections at vendor facilities and receipt inspections of products at BIW warehouse storage areas.- Occasional travel required for supplier audits and planning yard support.- Will also include Preventative Maintenance support and monitoring.
- Quality Engineer II / III (C and D Level): BS Degree in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain or Marine related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in Trades, Ship-board Planning, Design, Marine Industry, or in a Supervisory Role. (BIW Apprenticeship a plus).
- Q/A Engineer II: A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Design, Planning or a Supervisory Role required. Prefer BIW apprenticeship graduate and/or shipboard experience in either commercial or military assignments or a suitable mix of above. Background in Quality Assurance or Control operating in regulated industry such as aerospace / defense, pharmaceutical, food or scientific environments strongly preferred.
- Q/A Engineer III: Applicant should have a minimum of 5-10 years experience in Design, Marine Industry, Planning or Supervisory Role in Trades Dept. required. Prefer BIW apprenticeship graduate and/or shipboard experience in either commercial or military assignments or a suitable mix of above. Background in Quality Assurance or Control operating in regulated industry such as aerospace / defense, pharmaceutical, food or scientific environments strongly preferred.-Practical Experience with ISO9001 or similar system in ship-building or other highly regulated industry such as those stated previously. Demonstrated experience operating and participating in independent audit for certification of known Quality standard (ISO preferred).-Working knowledge of planning systems such as MACPAC, and shop methods and construction processes preferred. - Experience in direct dealings with U.S. Navy Supervisor of Shipbuilding (SOSB) Quality Assurance (QAS) a plus.- Ability to effectively interface with suppliers, customers, and internal divisions required.- High proficiency in MS Office Products with demonstrated mid-to-high level experience in MS Excel, Access, Project, and Visio strongly preferred.- Experience with direct dealing with Navy or other branch of the Department of Defense (DoD) in either commercial or military role, a plus.- Experience in any marine/shipboard assignments, commercial or military, a plus.- Ability to exercise technical writing skills in development and revision of varied procedures.
- Job Reference: 671942806-2
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works
- Location: Bath, Maine
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent