About Working at Commerce
Wouldnt it be great to build your career at a bank thats known for helping people with their financial challenges? Thats exactly what youd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. Were looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. Youd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder weve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If youd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. Were always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
The main purpose of this job is to handle commercial real estate closings including the selection, price negotiation and approval of third-party reports including title commitments, environmental assessments, and surveys with direction from management. This position is also responsible for reviewing all third-party reports and resolving any title issues, environmental concerns, or survey exceptions.
- Oversee workflow and communicate priorities and relevant information internally and externally
- Review third party reports and coordinate internally approving parties and legal counsel on complex funding
- Review loan documents for consistency with internal loan approval and compliance with construction policies
- Schedule closings and document recordings
- Handle constructions draw process with assigned group of clients
- Utilize a high degree of critical thinking skills in managing a portfolio of diverse and complex commercial real estate relationships
- Assist with customer calling activities with Relationship Manager as appropriate; especially those with active new credit opportunities
- Handle customer service requests for existing relationships, including wire requests and miscellaneous depository services
- Complete all requirements of loan booking, including negotiating terms, the review of loan documentation and assist in the closing process
- Handle reporting on loans, involving such things as past dues, documentation and collateral exceptions, financial performance updates, portfolio profitability, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge of full range of commercial real estate/funding policies, procedures, and terminology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile, and strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5+ years commercial real estate funding experience required
Location: 1000 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106