Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
- High school diploma, GED or higher education
- Advocate for individuals using professionalism and non-adversarial approach
- Willingness, ability and commitment to serve as a role model for recovery
- Valid Illinois driver's license
This is an entry level position working in peer support and advocacy. Our Recovery Support Specialist works in our living room program. The living room program is an alternative safe space for clients who might otherwise utilize emergency department services for mental health needs. Instead of spending hours in an unsettling hospital situation, clients find a calm, therapeutic environment where they can collect themselves and receive help. Recovery Support Specialists help community members find resources or services to assist them. This program is open to the public and free for the community to utilize.
- Work hours prescribed and any additional hours-deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned. Overtime may be required.
- Provide appropriate behavioral interventions and advocacy for individuals with mental health disorders.
- Have a thorough understanding of community resources and Rosecrance full array of services.
- Attend trainings toward CRSS credential
- Participate in statewide events/summits/trainings/activities that support the education and development of consumer provider services.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of staff, team meetings or appropriate committee meetings as designated.
- Serve as a member of the assigned team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional code of conduct and within the framework of the law.
- Facilitate transportation of clients to Rosecrance buildings or hospitals as needed.
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
- Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Walnut Street-Champaign, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization