Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of Southern California's premier medical centers for more than 90 years and has been consistently recognized for quality patient care and the first hospital in San Diego to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nursing Association for excellence in patient care. In 2018, Scripps La Jolla was ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report for the San Diego region and among the best in the nation in seven specialties.
Our highly engaged Labor and Delivery nurses thrive in an environment where compassionate nursing care, teamwork, and collaboration within the healthcare team is strongly valued.
We invite you to join our highly engaged team of Registered Nurses responsible for providing direct patient care within the scope of his/her practice.
- Patient care includes assessment, planning and implementing a plan of care and evaluating patients' progress towards expected outcomes.
- The RN takes primary responsibility for the patients' care as delivered by the Care Team under his/her supervision.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the patient care team to ensure optimal patient care.
This is a Full-Time 12-hour VARIED shift. The schedule rotates Day and Night every 4 months.
This position is located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
This position is eligible for a retention bonus and relocation.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- RNC preferred.
Required Experience/Specialized Skills:
- 1-year experience in Labor and Delivery.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate positive behaviors.
- Registered nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current CA RN License
- Current BLS-C provider
- Intermediate or Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring Certificate from AWHONN or NCC
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the following criteria must be met
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.