Don't miss the opportunity to become a part of our Wesley Enhanced Living family! Our community offers individual training and support within a warm and friendly environment. The perk is having fun at work!
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Has responsibility and accountability for resident care, staff and the environment of care.
- Ensures thorough and prompt reporting of incidents with follow-up as necessary to the DON and/or Administrator.
- Encourage each resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychological well being and thus performs various duties to provide quality nursing care to residents and to coordinate total nursing care for the residents as illustrated by the following:
- Assess residents and analyze obtained information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition, notify appropriate staff per facility protocol to evaluate weight loss, decline in ambulation, change in performance of ADL's, development of skin breakdown, etc.; observe conditions which indicate possible need for restorative nursing programs and then notify appropriate staff per facility protocol of the need for evaluation; inform the physician of changes in assessment when appropriate.
- Assess the resident upon admission and develop interim care plan, contribute to the full care plan, and update the care plan as warranted and as required; attend and participate at the Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
- Administer medications and treatments to residents as needed; monitor the administration of intravenous fluids as needed; place orders for medications from the pharmacy.
- Respond to emergencies; assess the condition of the resident; decide on the type of medical attention; call appropriate ambulance service when resident is transferred to or admitted to a hospital; notify the physician when there is a change in resident's condition.
- Confer with residents and their families; make referrals to other departments when appropriate.
- Maintain resident clinical files; keep charts updated; document appropriately.
- Complete employee and incident report forms; complete follow-up investigation forms.
- Make rounds to see each resident daily and as needed.
- Ensure that residents are aware of the services available to them; encourage residents to participate in activities programs and provide staff support to enable residents to get to and from and participate in activities.
- Maintain accountability for controlled substances; inventory medications at the beginning and end of the shift with another licensed nurse; notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Support the facility's medical supply system; follow procedures for resident charge items.
- Correlate the accuracy and completeness of documentation and its impact on reimbursement and federal regulations.
- Communicate status of residents to incoming personnel according to established procedures; communicate with physicians; transcribe, clarify, and implement physicians' orders.
- Evaluate the quality of care provided by the charge nurses, unit clerk, and certified nursing assistants.
- In-service staff related to identified needs.
Job Type: POOL
Pay: up to $47/hr
Some of our benefits include:
- Health Insurance (including prescription and vision)
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plans
- Wellness program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance
- $5,000 in Tuition Reimbursement
- Other generous benefits
Looking to further advance your career? Wesley offers a $5,000 tuition reimbursement program for those seeking an opportunity to develop and grow your skills!
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is a non-profit organization with six senior living communities in the Greater Philadelphia area. Our employees provide excellence in service, innovation to meet ever changing needs, and teamwork to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents. A sense of community has developed from a mutual respect for each other. Our employees are encouraged to share their voice and ideas, so we may enhance our strengths and identify opportunities for continued improvement. Here, you will be able to help shape the future of our organization by cultivating and enhancing our award-winning culture. These are not just words on a page, they represent who we are and what we believe; and we have the recognition to prove it. Together, we can make a difference!
New nurses are welcome to apply!
An Equal Opportunity Employer | A Mandatory COVID-19, Booster Influenza Vaccine Employer
Education or Degree Requirement:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Current RN license with the State of Pennsylvania.
- CPR Certification