The Resident Care Assistant is responsible for providing resident services, including assistance with personal care, medication reminders, social and recreational activities, meal services, and other tasks as needed to facilitate the continued well-being of the resident. He or she must be sensitive to the needs and desires of each resident and make an attempt to improve and enrich their lives.
- Adheres to and conveys a philosophy that supports the dignity, privacy, independence, choice, and individuality of residents.
- Reviews resident Service Plans as needed to gain and maintain a familiarity with resident services needs and preferences
- Reviews the Staff Communication log and corresponding resident Service Notes on a daily basis for information about changes in resident service needs and/or health conditions
- Provides personal services to residents as assigned and as indicated on resident Service Plans
- Helps residents with medications and/or treatments as indicated in the medication book and as assigned and allowed by regulation
- Responds to calls from the emergency call system in a timely manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures
- Helps maintain a clean, comfortable, and safe environment by providing housekeeping services as needed
- Helps with individual resident and group social/recreational activities as requested and encourages resident participation in activities
- Monitors for changes in resident needs, preferences, and/or health status and reports/documents any changes according to established procedures
- Responds to emergencies in an appropriate manner as per training received
- Reports any abuse, suspected abuse, or alleged abuse to the appropriate supervisor and/or agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned