Subject to the approval of the BTTC manager, the Residential Trainer is selected by the Shift Supervisor and is accountable to the Shift and Relief Supervisors of the BTTC. The Behavior Treatment and Training Center (BTTC) Residential Trainer works directly with children who have a diagnosis of and intellectual and development disability and problem behaviors. The RT must complete pre-service training, implements behavior analysis programs and special treatment sessions as directed. Provides frequent positive interactions with individuals and conducts social skills educational, recreational and vocational training. The RT is responsible for providing supervision, a safe and pleasant environment for the individuals, meets specialized needs and assists in transitioning persons served to discharge placements. Residential Essential staff are required during emergency events to ensure the operations of Texana Center continue and ensure the safety and welfare of the individuals receiving services from Texana Center.
- $11.08 hourly with no relevant experience
- $11.69 after 6 mos.
- $12.31 after 1 year
- Experience and ability to work with others and to work patiently and effectively with persons who exhibit challenging behaviors and ability to manage such behaviors at BTTC as a Residential Trainer in good standing.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities who display aggressive and self-injurious behaviors.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Valid Texas Driver's license
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Preferred
Job Related Physical Requirements
- Ability to perform SAMA and CPR. Must be able to perform light (15lb), pushing, stooping, light carrying (15lb), repeated bending, reaching above shoulder, simple grasping, hearing, walking and sitting.
- Must have the ability to see, write, operate office equipment, and operate motor vehicle and have depth perception.
- Qualified individual must be able to perform these functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Texana Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer