Purpose of Job
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies.
This role is offered hybrid from Plano TX, San Antonio TX, or Charlotte NC.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations using advanced knowledge.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area; Or advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 4 years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management.
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Risk management/Risk metrics experience in a complex institution and or highly matrixed environment related to life insurance or financial services
- Ability to present to and interact often with audit and regulators
- Excellent report-writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing complex processes to include process engineering or program management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management
- Critical and strategic thinking ability and understanding of risk management principles
- Proficient analytical skills with an aptitude for quantitative analysis
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.