Come and work for the workplace in Indiana
Generous hire-on bonuses available (Subject to certain terms)
Job Statement: The registered nurse shall be a graduate of an approved nursing school and currently be registered and in good standing in Indiana.
- Prepare and record clinical notes for the clinical record. Clinical notes shall be neat, accurate, timely and follow the approved standards of care.
- Perform assigned tasks ordered, including the administration of treatments and medications, and assessments of the patient.
- Implementation of medical treatment when ordered. Assist with referrals when needed. Follow-up with case managers and physicians as needed. The provision and supervision of nursing care, and coordination of services given by other health care providers.
- Assure that progress reports are made to the physician for patients under medical care when the patient s condition changes or there are deviations from the plan of treatment. LPNs will deferr this to the RN casemanager.
- RN's may assign selected portions of patient care to licensed practical nurses and home health aides when appropriate.
- RN s must have a working knowledge of Medicare home care guidelines, State and Federal Home Care guidelines and must follow them. Medicare patients must be home bound, and the care must be reasonable and necessary. It is up to the nurse to report to the DON if the patient does not qualify under Medicare guidelines.
- Nurses must be knowledgeable of standards of care, and use them in the care that they provide and monitor.
- Report any changes in the patient s condition to the case manager and physician with the report documented in the clinical record.
- Follow written plans of care and physician s orders. Call the Tendercare office if there are any questions related to the patient s care or treatment.
- Keep personnel records up to date in a timely fashion.
- Participate in continuing education as required.
- A skills checklist may be administered to assess each applicants skills level.