We are currently seeking a Highway Engineer for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice.
RS&H is currently seeking a Highway Engineer in our Tampa, FL office. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of roadway design fundamentals and be able to direct and check the work of other staff. The candidate will be knowledgeable on all aspects of roadway plans production, will be able to function as a Roadway Design Task leader on conventional and design-build projects, and may serve as a Deputy Project Manager on small, moderate, or large scoped multi-disciplined projects with the responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to roadway design.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of six years of transportation engineering experience
- Florida Professional registration (PE) or the ability to obtain their PE within 6 months of hire
- Experience in highway design and plan production with the ability to perform planning, conceptual design, preliminary engineering, and final design activities
- Experience in Temporary Traffic Control Design
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and overall quality control
- Proficiency with Microstation SS4/SS10 and GEOPAK
- Proficiency with OpenRoads Designer
- Experience working with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) or alternate DOT experience
- Strong knowledge of design manuals including FDOT Design Manual, FDOT Standard Plans, FDOT Standard Specifications, AASHTO A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, and Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Experience working and coordinating with large multi-discipline teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of 3D workspaces/corridor modeling
- FDOT design experience including RRR and major reconstruction on limited access facilities, rural/urban arterials, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities
- Municipal/Local Government design experience within the State of Florida
- FDOT Temporary Traffic Control Certified
- Design-Build experience
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.