Arc3 Gases, Inc. ("Arc3") is a growing, multi-generation family-owned and operated manufacturer and distributor of industrial, medical, food and beverage, and specialty gases and welding supplies, with over 50 locations in Virginia, the Carolinas, and Maryland. We have a broad retail and distribution network that enables us to provide outstanding service to customers of all types and sizes, and we serve many industries ranging from fabrication and manufacturing to research, health care, and food and beverage. Arc3's CO2 division supplies CO2 and nitrogen gases and generation systems to customers from Delaware to Florida.
Arc3 succeeds by building lasting relationships with our employees, our customers, and our business partners. We treat people the right way, we're reliable, and we engender trust using our technical expertise to help our customers build and improve their businesses. We attract, develop, and retain employees who deliver this value consistently over time by offering them competitive pay and benefits and a long-term career path, and by heavily investing in their safety, health, and overall well-being. Job Summary
As Route Sales Representative, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships because you will have direct, face-to-face contact with Arc3's customers on a daily basis as you deliver hard goods and gas cylinders and retrieve empty cylinders by truck on a scheduled route in Manassas. The job is physically demanding and time-sensitive, but you will find it very rewarding as you earn our customers' trust by providing consistently exceptional customer service. Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely and efficiently load, deliver and unload hard goods and cylinders containing compressed gases to customers, and retrieve empty cylinders.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents.
- Identify and monitor customers' needs and maintain their desired hard good and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate the need for emergency deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Strictly comply with all safety rules and DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain the appropriate drivers' license and endorsements.
- Keep the inside and outside of your truck safe and clean.
- Perform counter sales and assist customers in the store when necessary.
- Warehouse duties such as receiving, shipping, and required paperwork.
- Filling cylinders in the pump room.
- Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and demonstrations as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- Class B CDL with HazMat endorsement preferred.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases preferred.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years-old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for truck drivers.
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities. Frequent bending also required.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts with Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- New Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with Health Insurance Premium Discounts
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Personal Protective Equipment Reimbursements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Disabled/Protected Veterans.