Apply for this job now
Salt Lake City, CDL Driver
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Job Type
- 30 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
Firstmile, is an e-commerce parcel carrier. Our unique approach allows small, medium and even large ecommerce shippers to get the best combination of price and service across a wide network of United States Post Office workshare partners-including our own.
At Firstmile, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
What we are looking for:
FirstMile is looking for a CDL Driver to join our organization as an individual contributor based in our Salt Lake City location. THIS IS LOCAL WORK ONLY. We need a team player with a passion for innovation and the desire to partner with a business to achieve outstanding results. The position of CDL Driver insures outstanding customer experience by making on time pick up and delivery of ecommerce shipments. The right candidates also help the sales effort of the business unit and drive revenues and margins by locating, contacting and developing business relationships across all divisions of FirstMile, a Rakuten Company. The Driver works in conjunction with FM Leadership to help get keep and grow our business for FirstMile, and its divisions. The hours are late morning to early evening, generally 11am-8pm. Keep in mind that the hours vary by route and we are trying to hire for multiple drivers to fill this role.
This position is a CDL licensed driver who will be remaining local in Salt Lake and doing multiple trailer swaps throughout the day. While part of the work will be use of a tractor trailer, majority of the work will be performed in a 26' box truck. Firstmile will provide the vehicle and trailer to be used, however if you have your own piece of equipment we can negotiate a rate and mileage to go along with that
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and thoughtful leader with a transparent and collaborative who is proactive. The right person for this role must have excellent execution skills to carry-out corporate-wide initiatives.
Key responsibilities and essential functions of the CDL Driver role include, but are not limited to:
• Helps local manager to understand the needs of new and existing customers on pick up routes
• Helps to create, set up, schedule and execute pick-ups for new and existing customers driving one of our company owned vehicles.
• Load, unload, inspect and operate vehicle before during and after assigned routes
• Is safe, courteous and efficient in the execution of daily scheduled routes while obeying all traffic laws
• Develops customer service, sales and negotiating skills to get, keep and grow business.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements with management
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The CDL Driver must be able to lift minimum of less than one pound to a maximum of 50 pounds, and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, and use full range of body motions.
The CDL Driver must be fluent in English (written and verbal) in order to perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position successfully.
Competencies that will make you successful
• Bachelor's degree is a plus, high school diploma or equivalent is a requirement.
• Previous customer service experience is a plus.
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sales Force automation systems experience a plus.
Here's what you need to have:
• Valid Drivers License with CDL Certification and good driving record/experience
• Excellent smart phone, computer and data entry skills required. Must have an Apple or Android smart phone that works with our app. Company will reimburse you monthly for the use of your phone
• Excellent Driving Skills / Valid Drivers Licence with clear Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) to be provided by the candidate during the interview process
• Excellent Customer Service Skills - a willingness and desire to help
• Communication Skills
• Planning and Logistics
• High Energy Level
• Meeting Goals
Competitive Health Insurance
Paid Company Holidays
401K with Company Match
Casual Dress Code
Generous PTO Policy
- Job Reference: 671947296-2
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: FirstMile
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent