$21.33 up to $31.85
West Fraser's Riegelwood, NC, mill is looking for a Sawfiler.
West Fraser is seeking a full time Saw Filer. Duties include sharpening and repairing band saws, carbide tipped circle saws, chipper knives and dressing guide blocks. This is a full time, permanent position. Responsible for supporting and safely executing the saw filing activities for our lumber manufacturing facility.
What you will do:
- Responsible for inspecting, sharpening, and assisting in replacing large saws in the sawmill.
- Safely filling and maintaining band saws and circle saws, performing machine alignment, maintaining saw filing equipment, and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Inspect equipment for signs of wear/damage and recognize unsafe conditions.
- Able to maintain saw guides.
- Troubleshoot knife, circle saws, band saws, and guide problems.
- Sharpen, repair and maintain circular saws, band saws, and knives properly.
- Must be able to operate and understand precision measuring and grinding equipment.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with members of the production, shipping, and maintenance teams.
- Ability to adhere to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties when assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Must meet minimum testing standards for Maintenance
- Must meet criteria of Maintenance Tech as outlined by In-House Test Standards:
What will make you stand out:
- Two years experience in Industrial Maintenance including welding, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Courses or degree in Industrial Maintenance
Outstanding benefits package including:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace