As a Materials Scientist, you will report directly to the Director of Research and Development - North America. As a member of the Research and Development North America team, you will use your unique skill-set to accelerate the growth of SCHOTT with particular focus on the United States and the North American region. You will work across SCHOTT Business Units and Corporate Functions to identify, investigate, develop, test, and scale high-impact new products.
- Think big and inspire those around you to connect the dots differently, unleashing new possibilities to develop the materials, technologies and products of the future
- Identify, investigate, develop, and safely test new, high-impact product opportunities in emerging fields that are adjacent to current SCHOTT platform technologies
- Network among the most innovative partners in high potential business fields to influence and educate external gatekeepers about the capabilities and advancements at SCHOTT
- Support SCHOTT business units via technical consulting, customer interaction, and evolutionary product development
- Lead cross-functional teams, plan and manage resources to test (concept to launch) new materials, technologies, and products
- Communicate effectively through compelling, visionary technical proposals to internal decision makers contribute to the IP strategy and the development of IP ?
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the developments of traditional competitors, non-traditional market threats, and emerging start-ups
- Develop and leverage a robust network within the global scientific, technical, and industrial communities
- Grow a recognizable presence as a preferred technical partner with internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned. The position incumbent performs the assigned duties in adherence to laws, regulations and conditions applicable in the company.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) | Preferred: PhD in a scientific discipline
- Experience in new material/technology/product development, process development, or product design
- Experience in the development of advanced materials-based new products
- Formal education/training and experience are only a part of the composition of a successful candidate. The rest of the composition contains elements of a passion for the intersection of materials science, technology, product development, and business; the ability to develop and leverage networks; demonstrable leadership skills; a hunger for discovering new ideas and turning them into reality; a real-world intelligence that combines existing concepts with the unknown; and a limitless curiosity.