Senior Content Strategist Writer (Remote)
This position may have an opportunity to work remotely. All Duke University and Duke Health remote workers must reside in one of the following states or districts: Arizona; California; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Illinois; Maryland; Massachusetts; Montana; New Jersey; New York; North Carolina; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Tennessee; Texas; Virginia or Washington, DC.
In this role, you will write and edit website and print content for Duke Health Marketing and Communications. We are looking for a strong writer with a digital focus who will perform all levels of writing and editing, from research and interviewing subject matter experts, to developing copy, writing scripts for video, copyediting, fact-checking, and proofreading. You will also manage the ongoing development and publishing of consumer-facing content for Duke Health's social media channels.What You'll Do:Research, Write, Edit, Proofread
- Research, write, and publish materials to support Duke Health's consumer marketing efforts on a variety of platforms. This includes web pages, patient stories, blog posts, video script writing, patient communications, and marketing materials such as direct mail, brochures, and rack cards.
- Maintain working relationships with assigned service line managers, directors, and doctors to ensure website content is reviewed annually, remains clinically accurate and up to date. You'll also consult with service line representatives to identify content opportunities and provide direction to develop new content that fills those needs.
- Use tools and work with colleagues to optimize content for SEM, SEO, and user experience.
- Work with content team to prepare and schedule posts for social media channels. Review video content for clips, draft posts for review. Coordinate with other team members to ensure content is published regularly on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and other channels as needed.
- Work with videographers to develop consumer-friendly approaches to visual content, develop scripts, conduct interviews, etc. when needed.
- Use project management skills and a ticketing system to maintain ongoing workflow of content requests, from the research stage though publication.
The ideal candidate has:
Required Qualifications at this LevelEducation
- Strong writing skills, excellent grammar, and spelling skills, as well as attention to detail, research and fact checking. This includes checking documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and consistency, according to Duke Health and AP style guide.
- Health care communications experience, medical or health knowledge to ensure content accuracy.
- Experience working in content management systems (Drupal knowledge is a plus).
- Project management experience, as well as skills in time management, prioritizing, organizing, researching, creative thinking and problem solving. Experience with Jira is a plus.
- Experience with script writing, video production, and writing copy for social media is a plus.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and related activities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editing normally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a related discipline. Experience
Work requires four years of directly related writing experience in writing and editing on assignment under deadlines. Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
N/AKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
N/ADistinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: CORPORATE COMM. SPEC,SR.MC PUB
Job Level: F2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.