LevelTen Energys mission is to accelerate the energy transition by facilitating frictionless transactions. As the leading provider of renewable transaction infrastructure, we deliver the cloud-based software, centralized supply, automated analytics, and transaction expertise required to power the renewable energy economy. The LevelTen Platform is the worlds largest online hub for renewable energy buyers, sellers, advisors, asset owners and financiers, and delivers the online tools and expertise they need to buy, sell, and finance assets quickly.
Senior Data Engineers are expected to have an in-depth understanding of data engineering best practices as well as expertise with the tools needed to debug and diagnose issues. Typical data engineering projects focus on improving performance and adding features to existing data pipelines. As needed, the Senior Data Engineer will design and develop new data engineering pipelines as part of the Data Services Team, along with implementing improvements to existing systems and infrastructure.
You will be working with a team of world-class engineers to build large-scale data pipelines using a modern technology stack and additionally will collaborate with analysts, and product managers to drive forward data initiatives across mission-critical LevelTen Energy products. This is a unique, high impact opportunity with direct influence into the LevelTen Energys Data Services team. Come join us. Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and write scalable systems for analyzing both planned and operating renewable energy projects (primarily utility scale Wind, Solar, and Storage)
- Wrangle large global datasets covering historical and forecast data for markets, weather, and equipment
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet all business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Monitor and maintain data pipelines proactively to ensure high service availability.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work closely with energy analysts and product management to understand requirements
- Work with other engineering leads across squads to impact our entire software platform
- Incorporate secure coding practices into development lifecycle and work closely with our security and operations team to deliver high quality and secure code to production
- Review merge requests & system designs
- Experience in programming language: Python (preferred)
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures, and data sets: Google DataFlow (preferred), Apache Beam (preferred)
- Experience with Cloud: Google (preferred)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL databases: like Postgres or mySQL.
- Experience performing troubleshooting/root cause analyses on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with unit/integration tests, and contributing to engineering documentation.
In the first week, expect to:
- Meet a mentor that will help you during your onboarding.
- Start participating in company-wide training sessions.
- Set up your local environment and become familiar with our tech stack.
In the first month, expect to:
Benefits / Perks
- Build your first Pull Request and have it deployed to production.
- Have a good understanding of LevelTen Energy business.
- Develop a deeper understanding of our technology, processes, and product pipeline.
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- Hybrid in-office/remote/work from home schedule
- Fair, competitive compensation based on data
In the Seattle office:
About LevelTen Energy
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
- Free EV charging
LevelTen Energy is the leading provider of transaction infrastructure for the renewable energy economy. Our platform delivers buyers, sellers, advisors, and financiers the automation software, data management, and standardized contracts needed to facilitate faster, safer renewable energy transactions. LevelTens marketplace of renewable energy power purchase agreements is the worlds largest, with more than 4,000 offers spanning 21 countries in North America and Europe. LevelTens CFO-Ready Analytics automatically calculates more than a billion data points every day, providing our partners with leading-edge, real-time risk and value insights at modern market scale. Together, LevelTen and our partners share to accelerate the clean energy transition. Visit us at to learn more. Equal Opportunity Employer
LevelTen Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.