Business Unit: Consumer lending
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: Remote - work from anywhere within the UK
Contract Type: Permanent
Join Virgin Money as we transform our team into one that is ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to disrupt the status quo and turn traditional banking on its head. We're on the lookout for like-minded individuals and innovators to help drive our strategy forward. We're also transforming how we work, offering our colleagues more choice, control and flexibility to live and work how they choose with A Life More Virgin.
Here's what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
We are looking for a Purpose driven innovative leader to join our Consumer Lending leadership team. This is a fast-paced role and will include managing and orchestrating the Consumer Lending Change agenda as well as having direct accountability for contributing to Consumer Lending and VM commercial performance via Change delivery.
The core role of our Leaders is to deliver the very best performance through their people by keeping our Purpose, Strategic Aims and Values & Behaviours at the heart of all they do whilst developing their team with stretching goals to build capability and ambition.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Lead and deliver all Consumer Lending Change according to the strategic priorities of the business
- Manage distributed and mixed delivery teams across VM and partners to deliver key business outcomes via Change Portfolio delivery
- Build business networks and lead senior stakeholders across the VM business, TSYS, TMS and all other 3rd parties that support the Consumer Lending propositions
- Deploy strong inter-personal skills and key management techniques including persuasion, influencing, assertiveness, motivation, strategic thinking, emotional intelligence, communication, collaboration, critical thinking and coaching
- Maintain oversight and familiarity with all project and programme initiatives across the Portfolio knowing how and when to be involved and at what level according to circumstances and materiality
- Shoulder responsibility and take accountability for all business delivery outcomes and benefit realisation in partnership with business leaders
- Recognise and manage material risk threats and issue emergence in context of business strategy
- Recognise and understand the bigger picture of Consumer Lending and VM strategy so as to assess how Change fits within it
- Build and maintain a culture of quality assurance throughout every stage of the Change cycle such that Consumer Lending Change involvement is recognised as a guarantee of high-quality and risk-free delivery
- Adhere to all VM Group corporate governance requirements, and Change Management policy, including close alignment to the Group Change process as and when required (e.g. IDF)
- Manage and oversee the Testing lifecycle for all Consumer Lending process and technology deployment ensuring continuous improvement is in-built as part of the modus operandi
- Oversee release management for Consumer Lending across VM, TSYS and all 3rd parties such that 'be safe' and 'no surprises' are key values evident in all scheduled deployment
- Develop and maintain strong Change relationships with TSYS and TMS ensuring effective oversight and controls for all aspects of their Change lifecycle
- Influence strategic Change direction within the Consumer Lending business whilst also representing it's needs and demands in the broader VM environment
- Develop and publish delivery insights for all aspects of Consumer Lending change, for all key stakeholders
To be brilliant you must have
- Significant Financial Services and Consumer Lending business knowledge to enhance solutions and business outcomes
- Extensive and intimate knowledge of the standard VM Group Change lifecycles and methodologies (e.g. IDF) to ensure there is a sensible delivery balance of best practice, flexibility and efficiency
- Strong experience of the coaching and development of others
- Extensive experience of managing mixed delivery teams to tackle a layered Portfolio of blended Change activity covering multiple large programmes
- Strong experience of influencing senior stakeholders
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at .
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.