Engineering Standards Project Manager (Senior Engineer)
American Trailer World ( ATW ) is a leading diversified manufacturer, retailer and distributer of professional and consumer grade trailers, parts and accessories. ATW, headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area, is North America's largest vertically integrated trailer manufacturer. The company was formed through the combination of Big Tex and American Trailer Works in 2016. Its nationally recognized brands include BigTex Trailers, CM Truckbeds, PJ Trailers, BWise Trailers, Carry-On Trailer, Dakota Bodies, RC Trailers, BigTex Trailer World, and TexTrail. ATW operates several manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and retail stores. Its products are sold to dealers, retailers, Big Box retailers and OEMs, all of which serve a variety of end markets including agriculture, construction, landscaping, recreational, automotive, and general industrial markets.
The senior engineer leads the technical problem-solving activities in the Pro-Grade business unit quality group. This roll is responsible for successful project execution and project management of significant projects within technical, schedule, and quality improvement commitments. The senior engineer engages business unit cross-functional teams to ensure coordination and alignment. The senior engineer provides support to plant level project teams and supervises a supplier quality engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to analyze quality data from plants, customers and suppliers and develop solutions to the top business unit quality issues.
- Hands on problem solver capable of quickly developing tools, fixtures, gages and techniques to improve plant processes
- Supervise BU supplier quality engineer and assist in SQE activities when necessary
- Work closely with product engineering to make design changes where required
- Maintains metrics to monitor results of projects after completion
- Provides periodic project updates (Status Report - Green / Yellow / Red) of current situation relating to milestones and problem / high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule)
- Executes team leadership working closely with plant quality teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university (engineering or science degree) is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience working in or with a quality team a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America without sponsorship
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands-on problem-solving skills a must
- General manufacturing knowledge, MiG welding, powder coating and assembly a plus
- Proven Leadership Skills with a capability to lead in a team environment across multiple sites
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentation to management.
- Familiar with quality systems (QMS) and APQP
- Proficient in Program / Project Management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with financial documents and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Experience in change management
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40%