A national engineering consulting firm is looking to add a senior human factors consultant in their Fort Myers office. This is an opportunity to join a great team with an excellent culture. This role will be responsible for investigating accidents and incidents. In addition to investigatory work, this person is responsible for maintaining a book of business and expanding upon said client list, in addition to servicing corporate accounts.
- Evaluates root causes in industrial and recreational accidents
- Identifies and reviews existing media to develop preliminary conclusions and plan further investigation.
- Conducts inspections of accident scenes and of involved or exemplar machines or equipment
- Locates, assesses pertinence of, and applies consensus safety standards, scientific literature, existing test data, and governmental regulations.
- Designs and conducts testing and/or develops models to obtain and evaluate machine performance or human factors data.
- As part of a team, conducts risk assessments or job safety analyses for a variety of products and industrial machines.
- Prepares written reports of findings and conclusions in clear and concise terms.
- Provides legal testimony in a variety of venues, including courtroom settings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or in a related forensic or industrial position.
- In lieu of a Master's Degree and 5 years of experience, will accept a Ph.D. and 2 years of experience.
- 25-35% travel
Salary: $100,000+, negotiable based on previous experience/billing experience, compensation is a combination of base salary, billable hours, and various bonus structures
Harrison Gray does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.