Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior iOS Engineer, it's up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we'll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You'll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you'll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
It takes a curated team to pack the entire Audible library into the palm of your hand, but we make it happen seamlessly, for millions of people across the world. The Audible iOS team's vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. We work ceaselessly to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mindset, endless passion and uncompromising user focus.
You are talented, adaptable, and flexible. We're looking for creative, open-minded iOS software development engineers to help build technologies that continuously improve the Audible listening experience. While focusing on iOS development, you'll build and scale mobile software, and coordinate cross-functionally by integrating new features, maintaining high performance, and creating intuitive interfaces. Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iOS devices in an agile environment.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will...
- Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
- Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
- Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users.
- Take every opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products.
- Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community
- Be committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers).
- Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrate experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- Experience in Agile development.
- 4+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
- Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
- Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
- Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.