To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details Senior/Lead Network Engineer - Backbone Engineering
The Network Delivery and Backbone team is a dynamic, global team delivering and supporting the Salesforce infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business. We are looking for passionate Network Engineers who are fascinated by the technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing. The team is essential to the deployment of a consistent and stable infrastructure that both meets network engineering design standards and product goals. Our team believes that automation is key to building a scalable global network. In addition to fundamental networking skills, engineers must have Linux experience and a background in network automation. Proficiency in Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting is required. Lead Network Engineers are expected to self-manage several projects at a time, providing regular status updates and identifying and pushing through obstacles. Responsibilities
- As a member of NDB, your core job responsibility will be to build, deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global Data Centers and the global backbone. The scope includes our existing footprints and greenfield sites.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume
- Create scripts/power-tools for automating configuration and other tasks using tools such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on during the build/deployment phase.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Work cross-functionally with Sourcing, Technical Project Management, Network Architecture, Data Center Engineering and Network Software Engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP), Bill of Materials (BOM), Capacity Requests (CR), patch plans and rack elevations.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possessing strong project management and time management skills. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Basic Qualifications
- Networking industry experience with strong networking background including experience working with telecommunications vendors
- Experience with major routing/switching platforms, including Cisco: ASR/Nexus and Juniper, MX/E
- Strong IP networking fundamentals and experience such as TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, VxLAN.
- Unix/Linux skills and experience scripting in at least one language such as Python, Perl, Go-Lang, and/or Shell.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Practitioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD pipeline practices.
- Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks
- Highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $121,800. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code(IaC): Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience with F5 LTM and GTM
- Experience managing co-located infrastructure
- Experience with BGP Peering relationship management
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form () . Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with () or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the Most Admired Companies in the World and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For eleven years in a row, and named Innovator of the Decade and one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something thats so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.