Toyon Research Corporation is seeking a full-time experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) passionate about solving problems to work either in our Goleta, CA or Fort Collins, CO office. Our SRE team is relied upon to empower our users and IT teams with rich, automated technologies and solutions, reducing toil, technical debt, and downtime. Specifically, we are searching for someone with a strong background in problem-solving, with a vigorous drive to learn and grow their technical knowledge while improving service reliability across the organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Create automation tooling & code to help reduce toil and minimize error prone manual processes
- Work with monitoring infrastructure to develop automated responses/remediation and address the underlying issues that generate alerts
- Expand observability to improve decision making and reduce time to resolution
- Work in tandem with our service desk & systems administration teams to produce tools that improve effectiveness
- Work towards the continual improvement of systems performance, reliability, and compliance
- With an eye towards improving capabilities, anticipating and solving customer needs, and pushing to improve code & processes.
- Improve processes & documentation around processes
- Create maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Containerize existing workloads
- Incident response handling and root cause analysis
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in one or more of the following scripting or programming languages:
- Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, Java
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL Databases
- Experience building services by leveraging web APIs
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, Docker, Podman, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with log management/aggregation platforms Splunk, Elastic Stack, etc.
- Strong familiarity with Linux, MacOS, Windows command-line interfaces
- Familiarity with system automation/configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Self-starter with interest in expanding existing knowledge of technical systems and SRE fundamentals
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Desire to eliminate manual and repetitive tasks through automation
- Desire to continuously learn and improve
U.S. Citizenship is Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Learn more about our company in our latest video, We are Toyon.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.