CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a Software Developer to become part of our team in Huntsville, AL. The position will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in performing Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Modeling & Simulation (M&S) and it’s intended uses. This includes the following categories; Concept Evaluation, Developmental Engineering, Testing and Verification, Assessment, Training, and Operational Support.
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
The candidate will be working in an agile development environment and will be responsible for supporting elements of the design/sustainment/development efforts. The candidate can expect to work closely in agile teams. The candidate should be a self-starter that is attentive to details and works well in a multi-disciplined teaming environment. The candidate will be expected to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results with limited oversight and direction. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Facilitate the Program Increment planning events and readiness for events across the program.
– Maintain metrics, analysis, and reports on the health, performance and flow of the OSF Release Train.
– Proactively manage and resolve risks and dependencies on the OSF Release Train.
– Escalate and track blocking issues and impediments to progress, coordinate with leadership and help to remove as needed.
– Coordinate with technical and program leadership to refine processes and drive improvements.
– Facilitate system demos, scrum of scrums, and other OSF Release Train events as designated.
– Guides growth of Scrum Masters on the OSF Release Train.
– Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, or technology degree with 5 years of experience, or a Master’s degree in a related field with less than 3 years of experience, or 0 years of related experience with a PhD.
– Candidates should have a basic understanding of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS).
– Knowledge of using: C++ and/or Java languages or similar languages.
– Familiarity with Eclipse or other IDEs (IntelliJ, NetBeans, Visual Studio).
– Knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) Design & Development.
– Working knowledge with Linux/Unix commands environment.
– Research and come up with creative solutions to solve existing challenges.
– Works well in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
– An active Secret security clearance is required.
– Scaled Agile Framework experience; working as part of a Scrum team.
– Experience developing software in an Agile environment desired.SAFe certification (SSM, SASM, or RTE)
– Experience using Rich Client Platform (RCP), Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF), Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) is desired.
– Experience in development of model elements, DIS protocols.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
– Experience in developing Human Machine Interfaces.
– Experience with DDS OpenSplice.
– Experience with Agile Process Tools (such as VersionOne, JIRA, Confluence, or Bitbucket).
– Experience with Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and automated test.
– Experience with Configuration Management Tools:
– Experience developing/integration of engineering tools in an Agile environment.
– Continuous Integration
– Experience with Redhat (RHEL) 6.x, 7.x
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.