GlobalConnect is a consortium of independent food service companies providing corporate breakrooms, cafes, markets, vending, pantry and office coffee services. As an industry-leading technology company, our ecosystem offering spans payment hardware and software, loyalty programs, brand marketing, procurement, national account sales and other services that enable our affiliate member companies to provide state-of-the-art technology, flexible and healthy food choices, and consistent service to their corporate customers across the country. As the only fully integrated, wireless food service network that seamlessly functions across the North American continent, GlobalConnect is rapidly growing in an $8 billion market in pursuit of its vision to dramatically improve breakroom service operations for the modern enterprise and its employees. For more information visit: usconnect.biz and globalconnect.biz
We are seeking a passionate and talented Software Developer Manager to join our team at GlobalConnect. You will be responsible for building the development team and software platforms including new feature development and maintenance of our payment device software and hardware solutions. You will take part throughout the entire software development life cycle, from requirement gathering, design, to solution deployment and support. In this unique position you will see the impact of your team s contributions on the existing hardware platform that has direct consumer engagement.
Our Payment Systems Solutions includes our own C++ applications on embedded Linux based payment hardware that communicates over cellular / ethernet to our AWS/Cloud .NET Core microservices-based back end. The system also supports mobile applications with QR code-based payments, and touchpoints with other system. It is a challenging, fun, and rewarding ecosystem to work in!
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Department: GlobalConnect Operaions
Reports To: Director of Program Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a Software Development Manager, you will be collaborating on the architecture design, contributing to the software development process improvement, and managing the other members of the team internally and externally. This role asks for strong leadership skills, creative thinking, collaboration, and the passion for delivering great software solutions.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work collaboratively with external development teams on solution development of all aspects of the system
- Work with CTO to define solution technical roadmap
- Responsible for the GlobalConnect payment systems platform
- Analyze business requirements and provide solution design with estimated work effort
- Create architecture design with resilience, scalability, and performance
- Develop quality solutions with software development best practices
- Mentor and code review for junior team members
- Participate in Agile development process and contribute to process improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or Technical Diploma in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering
- Demonstrated experience leading software development teams with internal and external teams.
- 5+ years experience using C# / .NET Core, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Strong experience with RESTful API design and development
- Experience with large volume, real-time high availability database-backed systems
- Strong experience with the entire software development life cycle from design, development, test, deploy, release to support
- Experience with Agile software development with Scrum
- Experience with software development best practices, including CI, CD, Test Automation, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to deliver high quality work in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bonus Skills - Experience with:
- C++ and Linux internals / networking
- Cellular APN routing and VPN
- PCI Certified Payment Solutions
- Supporting a distributed IoT based ecosystem.
- A working knowledge of basic electronics
- Mobile applications development (iOS/Android)
This is an excellent career development position for a hands-on, results-oriented development leader with a track record of personal contribution and team building who can take the company to the next levels of performance, enjoys accountability to deliver results, and thrives in a fast-paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment
Background checks and drug screening are required.
We offer the following benefits:
- 100% paid Employee base plan Health Insurance, buyup plan available at a very low cost.
- Dependent Health
- Paid Vacations and Personal Time off.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Scholarship Program for children of employees
Global Connect is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all Applicants and Employees fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.