Job Title Software Quality Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join the Embedded Software team! You will:
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, Unit, and Regression) to detect and track defects, inconsistencies, and performance issues.
- Analyze and modify current testing processes and procedures to ensure a streamlined process and to automate processes where possible using automated tools.
- Conducts software/firmware compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Ensures that each stage of the test plan is executed, and that proper signoff is received upon completion of the test plan.
- Develop accurate reports and documents test results for various stakeholders.
- Perform vehicle and bench testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform defect reproduction, verification of resolved issues, and developer support.
- Assist in design and review of requirement specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in software, electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a related engineering field.
- Self-motivated - demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams toward near-term and long-term objectives.
- Inquisitive - mindset to ask the right questions and to design and execute scientific experiments to prove his/her hypothesis.
- Data-driven - ability to interpret data and arrive at actionable insights.
- A fast learner - demonstrated command of solid research fundamentals and the ability to quickly grasp new technical areas.
- A team player - strong interpersonal skills, strong professional communication skills (orally, in writing, presentation), experience with building relationships and facilitating active collaboration.
- Flexible, adaptable, and eager to deliver timely results despite unanticipated challenges.
- Able to plan, organize and carry out technical activities.
- Able to present technical material to technically diverse audiences.
It would be great if you had:
- Unit testing and regression testing tool chains experience.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers.
- Software development experience with C/C++.
- Experience using embedded software development toolchains such at Matlab Simulink, StateFlow, PolySpace, VectorCast etc.
- Familiarity with some of these tools: National Instruments tools like LabVIEW, VeriStand, cRIO, PXI; dSPACE; R, Python.
- Experience with CANoe, CANalyzer
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Expected to be between $70,000 and $93,000 depending on the selected candidate's background.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program