We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our Data Governance team. This role will lead a cross-functional team of data compliance and governance analysts to help implement controls across our data ecosystem and drive customer centric governance solutions across our products. You will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working cross-functionally with data, legal, marketing, engineering and product across our global footprint for Disney Streaming Services.
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with product, engineering, architecture, legal and information security teams to drive our governance strategy designed to ensure quality data that is both secure and compliant.Responsibilities :
Basic Qualifications :
- Provide team direction and leadership across data with technical and non-technical teams to develop and deploy data quality, compliance and security processes and systems.
- Manage activities of multiple teams and individual contributors in the data compliance and governance space, working closely with stakeholders and aligning with the strategic direction of data governance strategy
- Lead discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
- Outline and manage data governance performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via audits, automation and processes
- Implement and support metadata management processes and standards across all of the data domains to ensure data integrity and standardization
- Establish a culture of data governance by developing partnerships with data owners and stewards to promote data governance best practices
- Communicate risk assessment and/or audit findings to management, develop improvements in the design and effectiveness of key controls including automation
- Develop and maintain team reporting frameworks and documentation for data governance team
- Develop and deliver training across the organization including the implementation of compliance-oriented controls and frameworks to deliver effective data governance processes as directed by legal
- In this role you will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy by working supporting data quality improvement, standard KPI definitions, o standardized reporting and regulatory frameworks, and the holistic usage and monitoring of data across our organization
- BA or BS in Information Systems, CS, or Analytical field is desired. or similar is desired. 8+ years experience in a Data Governance, Data Quality, Compliance, Data Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Data Security Function
- Experience reviewing and auditing new and existing data capabilities and services from a data management & regulatory perspective
- 4+ years managing teams
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills particularly with technical or engineering functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate the change to the organization
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations/solutions in a timely manner
Additional Information :
- Experience deploying or owning product-oriented software to ensure data compliance at scale in an analytics organization
- Experience with Data Governance Tools such as Alation, Collibra, Informatica, etc.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as S3, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Experience working with large datasets, ability to use data to problem solve
- Experience working in a startup or software-oriented company