Sr Mgr Quality Assurance
Date: Jul 14, 2022
Albany, GA, US Requisition ID:
21288 A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Miller Coors a Molson Coors Company is to delight the worlds beer drinkers. We are the worlds family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Sr. Manager Quality Assurance working in Albany, GA you will be part of the Quality Department in Brewery Operations.You will provide leadership and be responsible for implementing and verifying the effectiveness of MillerCoors quality plan, strategies and systems to include food safety, regulatory compliance and product quality requirements.
This position reports to the Brewery Vice President and Plant manager and has a dotted line to the Sr. Director Quality & Food Safety USA. The Responsibilities :
The Other Qualifications:
- Leads and is responsible for safety, financial and operational performance, laboratory asset care and reliability for the quality assurance business function
- Is responsible for a multi-disciplinary team of direct and indirect reports and quality specialists reporting out of functional area.
- Ensures high quality products are produced, warehoused and shipped cost effectively through maximizing operational efficiency and reliability
- Manages incoming supplier materials, analytical, sensory, microbiology, sanitation, co-products, across the whole supply chain.
- Identifies, supports, and provides technical resources for environmental, sustainability and energy initiatives and improvements
- Ensures Food safety through execution of HACCP, GMP and housekeeping standards.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About :
- Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable evidence of driving World Class Supply Chain Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
- You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
- You have a BS (required) or MS (preferred) in Quality Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Food Science or related experience
- You have at least10 years experience leading and managing Quality in a manufacturing facility
- You preferably have the following Certifications: AQS, ISO 22000, HACCP Manager Certification, SQF Practitioner Certification and/or IBD & LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt
- You have demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA regulations, Food Safety GMP, State Agricultural practices/policies, Organic Certification, TTB regulations, plant safety regulations, FDA guidelines for food plant operations, and environmental regulations regarding manufacturing brewery operations.
- You exhibit foundational knowledge in Brewing or Packaging or Beverage Manufacturing
- As the worlds family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, and dental
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Thats why all offers of employment in the U.S. and Puerto Rico where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. Were an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.