Jewelers Mutual Group, United States and Canada's leading insurer, risk advisor, and technology provider for the jewelry industry is hiring aSr. Security Engineer! This role offers remote and onsite work options.WHY JewelersMutual:
We are a financially secure, exceptionally positioned, and intellectually curious company driven by our core values of Agility, Accountability and Relevancy! We continue to raise the tide of the jewelry industry we've served since 1913 through our innovative people, our unyielding customer commitment, and evolution of our products and services to be the most trusted advisor to all we serve.
With a generous benefits package, office locations throughout the United States, and a mantra of "making your mark today", consider evolving your career and shining bright with Jewelers Mutual Group!POSITION SUMMARY:
This role will be a focal point in the development of Information Security technology, procedures, and compliance. The role will primarily work with IT and the business as the Information Security technical resource. The position will also interact with external information security partners, vendors, and IT auditors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Configuration and monitoring security technologies within Azure or GCP
- Understanding of develops and concept such as Infrastructure as Code
- Configuration, development, and maintenance of assigned security technologies such as: DLP, SIEM, PAM, CASB, Azure security suite, O365, CISCO security suite, EDR, Vulnerability Scanners, SOAR etc
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems' anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, and host-based and automated security alerts.
- Perform technical audit remediation.
- Assist in security governance of internal/external programming efforts.
- Assist in the development of IT security architecture, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures that are aligned with the enterprise policies.
- Assist in defining, measure, and evolving Information Security metrics for associated dashboards
- Ensure readiness for internal/external audits related to IT security and manage external information security partners.
- Lead medium to large projects and initiatives that support information security practices and policies.
- Partake in off-hours support rotation as required
- Experience with security frameworks such as NIST CSF, CIS etc
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security technologies
- Strong understanding of enterprise cloud computing environments, distributed applications, and a TCP/IP networks.
- Understanding of system hardening processes (CIS), tools, guidelines, and best practices.
- Fundamental or greater understanding of encryption technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage medium to large information security projects (or initiatives) while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Comfortable with working through ambiguity to clarify requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Understanding of Cyber Security and IS practices and principles.
- Strong understanding of common technical, data, and security principles.
- Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, SSCP, CSSLP, CEH, GSEC, or equivalent.
- Ability to work well with others, objective, creative, diplomatic, and exudes excellent communications skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Team player
- Displays passion, positive attitude and professionalism
- An effective listener that focuses on collaboration
- Comfortable managing healthy conflict
- Can build a strong relationship with agents and/or customers
- Attentive to details
- Demonstrates a high level of curiosity and innovative thinking
- Asks questions and communicates clearly to all levels of the organization within the business and IT
- Contributes to exceptional customer experience
- Initiative to take action without being prompted
- Sound decision making
- Organized, understands prioritization and meets deadlines
- Financial and business acumen
- Ability to remain flexible
- Actively seeking professional development
- 5+ years of hands on technical security experience
- Expert level knowledge of various security tools operating in a cloud environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)