RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptab,le and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Staff / Senior Accounting Consultant, you will partner with our clients by supporting the month-end close process, financial reporting, and audit compliance. In this role, you may have the opportunity to lead and/or support a team of individuals to implement process improvements that increase efficiency and accuracy.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values - loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support month-end close process, including maintaining the general ledger and sub-ledgers, reviews journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as well as analyze account variances
- Communicate and follow up with business partners to ensure that open/outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly reports, review policies and procedures to ensure SOX compliance
- Identify and implement process improvements and system enhancements
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- CPA, CMA, CIA or CFE preferred
- 3 - 7 years of related experience
- 3-plus years of public accounting, related consulting or industry experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with large ERP systems and strong MS Office technical skills, specifically with MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills, with a strong orientation to client service, time management, and project delivery
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.