We are currently seeking a Structural Engineering Associate for the Infrastructure Practice in St. Charles, Illinois.
The Structural Engineering Associate will be mentored by and will collaborate with top Engineering associates on our team. The position will assist on a variety of conventional and design-build projects that combine innovative roadway design with a strong knowledge of technical standards to exceed client expectations and provide cost-effective solutions. This is an amazing opportunity to gain hands-on experience and a better understanding of the growing Transportation Engineering industry.
Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team to assist with the design of structural components for roadways, intersections, and interchanges. This includes bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and sign structures.
- Prepare plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates
- Gather and provide data for the preparation of engineering reports and studies
- Perform and review design calculations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or other related specialization from an accredited university
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as an intermediate level of technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Basic CAD experience (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc)
- Engineer Intern (EI/EIT) licensure
- Experience modeling in 3D utilizing Bentley OpenBridge
- Experience or coursework pertaining to the design of concrete or steel structures
- Experience or exposure to IDOT and/or Illinois Tollway plans preparation and design standards
In addition to the position's skills, education and experience requirements, the following values are considered foundational to our team:
- Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
We value highly-motivated individuals that are interested in collaboratively working with a team of ambitious thinkers, learners, and entrepreneurs. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving and improving the overall quality of life.
By joining our team, you too can lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.