Company Overview Performance Contracting Group
is a national employee-owned specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial and non-residential construction markets. We are committed to recruiting, developing and advancing employees from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, as well as supporting a culture of safety and inclusiveness that allows you to contribute to your fullest potential. We place high value on training and professional development, encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential. Job Description
PCI is seeking an experienced Superintendent for our operations based in Dallas, TX. This position reports to the Area Manager. Reporting to the Superintendent/Site Manager are field foremen and carpenters.
Individuals in this position are fully qualified professionals with extensive experience in the contracting services industry. This individual is responsible for the proper planning, scheduling and profitable execution of all commercial interior contracts secured in the Dallas office. Responsibilities:
Requirements Basic Requirements:
- Responsible for selecting, hiring, terminating and managing the field labor force to ensure contract work is completed within budget hours for maximum profit
- Ensure that the most appropriate techniques and practices are employed in the installation of all jobs to reduce costs without compromising safety and quality. Assure installation in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Schedule labor and material on contracts secured.
- Maintain control of contracts-in-progress.
- Develop proper union relationships and developing a strong loyal field workforce.
- Actively involved in local union(s), builder associations, JATCs to build solid relationships.
- Accountable for results to meet business objectives for revenue and margin.
- Promote a culture of safety and monitor/enforce all best practices, including conducting tool box safety meetings and job site safety inspections.
- Awareness of contract requirements which may affect labor, schedule, productivity or safety.
- Provide primary field labor force interface with branch personnel.
- Build solid customer relations with all customers.
- Uses available technology to perform job tasks efficiently.
- Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team and defines success in terms of the whole team
- Attends monthly Branch meetings and reports the status of all contracts-in-progress, recognize and report any deviations from plans and specifications and assist in pricing.
- At least 5 years of experience as a superintendent in the construction industry
- Work authorization
- Experience with Commercial Insulation (hospitals, institutions, schools, etc.) required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with numerous contractors and sub-contractors in an efficient manner
- Strong ability to read, understand and interpret specifications and drawings for PCIs scopes of work
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught
- Customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Background in commerical construction and interior division scopes is preferred
- Local to Dallas, TX
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Benefits
At Performance Contracting our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
PCG provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Connect With Us! () Job Locations US-TX-Mansfield Posted Date 3 months ago (5/2/2022 9:56 AM) Job ID 2 Category Construction Management Type Full-Time