Martin/Martin, Inc. is seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our survey team in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position will include ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, design surveys, building monitoring and construction staking. Most work is in the Denver Metro area, but occasional travel may be required. Martin/Martin is a leading civil and structural engineering consulting firm that is client focused and employee centered.
We pride ourselves in providing our employees a positive and interactive work and play culture and offer benefits/perks such as:
- Growth opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule
- Robust compensation package (year-end bonus, profit sharing, 401k match)
- Company ownership opportunities
- Mentorship program
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back)
Martin/Martin has been involved with several premier projects including Coors Stadium, CU and CSU campus projects, Frisco Main Streetscape, and currently involved in the 16th Street Mall Redesign.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Takes charge in field of boundary, location, topo, construction, control, and specialized surveys.
- Returns comprehensive field notes and written history of field survey to office.
- Reviews final drawings produced by Survey Technicians to ensure drawing is complete and accurate.
- Performs calculations necessary for construction staking and boundary analysis.
- Trains and supervises crew members.
About Martin/Martin, Inc.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the 1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is about exciting projects, shared ownership, informed staff and a commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and private redevelopment entities, architects, homebuilders, state and federal agencies, land developers and special districts in Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Vision Coverage
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Earned Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Committee Involvement (Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Recreation)
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski days)
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- On-Site Workout Facilities
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Working on the Best Project
- Graduation from High School or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and violation record acceptable to the companies Auto Insurance carrier.
- Ability to drive both short and long distances.
- Four years field experience in position of instrument person.
- Working knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and geodetic control procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of field practice and theory.
- Good working knowledge of general surveying principles and standards.
- Familiarity with equipment and methods, including duties of instrument person.
- Mastery of mathematics and geometry skills.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate degree in survey or civil engineering technology.
- Land Surveyor Intern (LSI).
- Professional Land Surveyors license (PLS).
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination (or a request for medical/religious exemption) shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.