Performs bio-analytical methods (immunological, in vivo, microbiological, molecular biological, or virological) for various Bio QC tests on raw materials, in-process, release or stability samples in compliance with 9CFR, EU and VICH regulatory guidelines, Outlines of Production and Special Outlines. Initiates, executes and completes assays as per validated procedures and within Quality and Compliance guidelines and communicates testing, compliance and/or scheduling issues to supervisors.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Perform routine testing using a significant portion of the existing laboratory assays
- Maintains laboratory reagents, supplies and calibrated equipment
- Prepare reagents and materials
- Calculates results
- Communicates schedule, test status and concerns
- Review and approve results and test sheets
- Revise a Pre-existing Standard Methods and SOPs
- Trains others on methods & procedures
- Works in an lab and office setting. The individual may be required to enter production support areas as well as sterile filling rooms. Makes routine decisions within the scope of responsibilities with guidance.
- Performs in conjunction with a team to plan and organize testing and projects in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in Science or relevant background, with a minimum of one (1) year or relevant Bio QC testing experience in a cGMP of similar manufacturing environment; OR
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Science or relevant background, with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant Bio QC testing experience in a cGMP or similar manufacturing environment
- In lieu of degree, a minimum of five (5) years of relevant Bio QC testing experience in a cGMP or similar manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise and appropriate manner
- Documents results and data clearly and accurately
- Effectively interacts with co-workers and others as needed. Demonstrates teamwork within own group and other internal groups
- Use of Word and Excel, QM software for data management (LIMS), MRP inventory software, and IDEA for Con (Document system)
- Understanding of operations in immediate area and basic understanding of applicable regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates problem solving and resolution skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.