Teller Trainee- F/T- OlneyLocation:
17801 Georgia Avenue, Olney, MD 20832Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8;30am-5:00pm, every/other Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm( Hours vary based on branch staffing needs)About Us:
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post
and The Baltimore Sun
as a Top Workplace, by Forbes
magazine as the Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker
as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Teller Trainee. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for providing front line, high quality service and sales to new and existing clients through lobby and/or drive-in facilities. Accurately process a variety of transactions involving the paying and receiving of funds and is responsible for balancing a cash drawer. Follow established procedures in compliance with applicable laws and policies. Enthusiastically interact with clients to develop rapport and refer new products and services. Duties learned through initial training period.
If selected and hired for the position, continued employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of the required Training and Assessment.Areas of Focus:
- Provides extraordinary service to all clients. Represents the company in a courteous, professional manner at all times. Provides prompt, efficient, and accurate service in processing transactions and answering questions in person and over the telephone.
- Uncovers sales opportunities and educates clients about product and service alternatives.
- Processes and settles transactions in an accurate and efficient manner in the lobby or drive-thru. Follows all established policies and procedures to include audit, security, and compliance regulations. Maintains teller differences and cash levels within established guidelines.
- Maintains a high level of product knowledge in order to promote the benefits of additional company services and achieve referral goals. Participates in branch sales activities.
- Enthusiastically assists clients by answering general questions and fulfilling any service requests. Refers clients to a more knowledgeable or senior team member only when appropriate or necessary.
- Responsible for completing and/or delegating branch administration and operational functions, e.g., completing reports, processing night drop and over the counter transactions, vault management, ATM maintenance and settlement, security systems, ordering and stocking supplies or promotional materials, etc.
- May occasionally require duties such as working extra shifts, opening and closing the branch, and assignments at other branches.
- Participates in company sponsored community events.
- Position requires successful completion of teller assessments, which includes cash handling skills, math skills, and customer service and sales aptitude. In addition, some work experience in customer service and/or cash handling experience preferred. Incumbents are normally required to complete an internal training program designed to familiarize the teller with service standards, product knowledge, operational knowledge of bank operations, negotiability of instruments presented for cash or deposit, and company policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to operate on-line teller terminal, proficiently count currency and coin, and achieve training objectives. Work requires skills necessary to operate general office equipment such as a personal computer and 10-key calculator and other branch equipment such as coin and currency counter, drive-in equipment, etc. Computer skills and knowledge of the Metavante Banking System is needed through experience or on-the-job training in order to assist clients.
- Analytical ability is required in researching and analyzing data pertaining to problems of a routine nature where selection of alternatives is limited, but where standard policies are established.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to enthusiastically and graciously serve a diverse group of clients.
- The ability to speak, read, and write English well enough to comprehend instructions, be understood by clients, and legibly complete standard forms is required.
- Work requires ability to accurately perform arithmetic calculations using business math.
- Work may occasionally require duties beyond the normal scope of the job such as working extra shifts or assignments at other offices.
- Work is under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to operate alone on routine work, referring questionable situations to supervisor or others.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a conditionof employment for all Branch positions. Submission of Covid-19Vaccination Card is required if hired.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1- and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.