Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Thematic Strategist - Client Group is a newly created role in the Client Group (CG), reporting to the CG's Director of Thematic Strategy. This role is responsible for collaborating with investors and CG colleagues across the firm to curate, synthesize and share current, topical and innovative investment insights internally and externally. This individual will play a key role in the writing, editing, and publishing of the firm's weekly investment publication-The Wellington Week-an external communication that captures highlights from our internal investment dialogue that are most relevant to our global clients. The firm has no CIO and has a breadth and depth of research and investment perspectives across asset classes. The publication frames this bottom up, rich dialogue in a way that creatively engages clients, prospects, and consultants. This role will also spearhead the development and execution of new thematic content initiatives, identifying gaps in the firm's internal and external investment communications capabilities and coordinating across the firm to define optimal solutions to fill those gaps.
We seek a skilled, creative and diligent professional who has leadership ability, strong investment acumen, exceptional writing skills, as well as an informed perspective on what is of interest to our global client base. This individual must partner effectively with investors, client-facing teams, compliance as well as with our Global Marketing team. While it is preferable for this role to be located in an office with investors and client-facing colleagues, we are open to alternatives locations.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay abreast of the global, cross-asset class internal investment dialogue by attending meetings, reading internal proprietary research, and building relationships with investors and investment platform leadership
- Develop a keen sense of which topics would be of most interest to clients around the world through interactions with clients and client-facing colleagues
- Identify which investment insights, based on the internal investment dialogue, are most interesting and relevant to share externally
- Connect the dots across asset classes and geographies in developing insights
- Obtain the necessary permissions to share these synthesized discussions externally ensuring anything shared
- meets compliance requirements
- Curate and write content for inclusion in The Wellington Week
- Conceive and execute new and innovative content initiatives.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to develop assets that can be leveraged across the CG, including data visualizations, presentation slides, and investment messaging strategies.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to aggregate and analyze performance data related to content efforts.
- Develop social media strategies to increase the reach of publicly available investment content.
- Strong capital markets knowledge across asset classes, coupled with an understanding of influential
- communications and the editorial process.
- Exceptional writing and synthesis skills; ability to author polished content on tight deadlines.
- Passion for markets, entrepreneurial, curious, and creative mindset
- Ability to understand compliance lens/issues and to apply this mindset when creating content
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence,
- and act decisively
- Effective communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal, and written across various mediums and formats
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
- Note: this is not an investment or portfolio management role, nor is it a path to money management. The candidate will not be conducting independent research, but rather leveraging the internal research of investment personnel globally.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .