Tutor - The Learning Center (Pool) req6658
Northeast State Community College is an open-access, public, comprehensive community college that advances lifelong learning and strengthens the economic and social/cultural aspects of the community. To facilitate teaching, learning, service, and student success, the College provides innovative, high-quality, and relevant associate, certificate, and career-focused educational programs and services. We're nestled in the beautiful Northeast region of Tennessee, in the middle of the Tri-Cities. Respect
- We value respect and provide an environment of inclusiveness, cooperation, and diversity.Responsibility
- We value responsibility and promote integrity, accountability, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services.Responsiveness
- We value responsiveness and facilitate personal, professional, and economic growth.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join the Northeast State Community College team as Tutors for The Learning Center.Position Summary
Reporting to the Coordinatorof The Learning Center, the Tutor/Lab Assistant is responsible for providingtutoring services to Northeast State students.Requirements of the PositionMinimum Qualifications
- College coursework in specific content areas to tutor - grade of "B" or higher in specific courses
- Strong overall academic record - at least a 3.0 GPA
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- College coursework in content areas to tutor with an "A" grade
- Previous tutoring or customer service experience
- Experience leading workshops or study groups
- Experience creating and hosting Zoom meetings
- Willingness to work at multiple campus locations and/or online
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse student population in courteous, professional manner
- Ability to perform tasks and adjust to fluctuating demands in a fast-paced environment
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Successfully complete all required tutor training and/or professional development.
- Provide tutoring in content areas to students one-on-one or in small groups.
- Help students implement successful learning strategies and study habits.
- Assist in scheduling students for tutoring/other services.
- Compile, maintain, and submit documentation of services provided.
- Create/compile study and/or workshop materials.
- Present workshops, as requested, online and/or on campus.
- Promote and/or participate in collaborative efforts with other tutors and students.
- Display responsible, courteous, and professional behavior in all duties and in all interactions with students and staff.
- Support academic success and retention efforts and programs
- Provide TLC information and general assistance to students, especially with technology issues, directing them to other appropriate offices on campus, if needed.
- Communicate any issues, needs, or concerns to center coordinator.
- See our General Employee Responsibilities here
- Complete other assignments, as directed.
$8 - $10 hourly rate dependent upon education and experience, up to 27 hours weeklyContract Type:
Fiscal, Part-Time TemporaryLocation of Position:
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
United States Open Until Filled:
To be considered for a position with Northeast State, the following documents are required: cover letter, resume/vitae, and unofficial transcripts. You will also be required to provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for a position at Northeast State, you must create an online application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Requisition Number:
Northeast State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Linda W. Calvert
Vice President for Administration & Grant Development
P. O. Box 246
Blountville, TN 37
The Northeast State Community College policy on nondiscrimination can be found at