HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others, upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
As a newly formed internal operating segment, the Workplace Furnishings organization provides critical operational support for many of HNI's outward facing brands such as HON, Allsteel, Design Public Group, HBF, and Gunlocke. Designed to simplify the business, Workplace Furnishings is able to align organizational efforts and effectively improve business results.
The Vice President, Human Resources will drive and shape culture and play a critical role within the Workplace Furnishings leadership team. Utilizing your experience in all aspects of HR, you will partner with executive leadership to understand long-term goals and business objectives and develop people-centric strategies that support these priorities and increase organizational effectiveness
What you will do:
- Develop, shape, and execute on Human Resource strategies to improve organizational design and capabilities, streamline processes, and drive growth and achievement of strategic priorities while leading the organization through change
- Lead, mentor, and develop an effective, high performing Human Resources function
- Execute on comprehensive plans to attract, develop, and retain high-quality talent to meet the needs of the organization.
- Function as a strategic adviser to the Executive Leadership Team regarding key organizational and management matters
- Proactively plan and execute programs that will continuously stretch the organization to ensure that the business maintains strength in human capital, talent, and culture
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts across the Workplace Furnishings organization and broader enterprise
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the enterprise including Corporate Vice President, HR, peer HR leaders, Corporate Benefits & Compensation, and internal Employment Law Counsel
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training to management regarding change management, engagement, recognition, development, and performance coaching
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- SPHR preferred
- 12-15 years of experience with broad knowledge of HR strategic initiatives, talent acquisition, HR operations, and business acumen.
- Demonstrated success in building, leading, and developing teams
- Experience applying effective change management to influence the direction of the organization
- Ability and willingness to be both hands-on and strategic; superior execution skills needed to drive the HR strategy throughout the organization.
- Experience supporting a sizeable sales organization is a plus
- Experience developing or supporting programs to improve diversity, equity and inclusion
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!